Wide-range for processes
Limitorque valve control
The Limitorque L120 series offers multi-turn-type valve actuators equipped with a motor and gear train.
In addition to the robust and highly accurate structures and enhanced control mechanism, the design with superior maintainability guarantees stable operation for a long time. To meet the demands of a wide range of fields, we offer eight unit sizes and protection types, such as waterproof and explosion-proof types.
- – Thermal and hydropower plants, water supply and sewerage systems, petroleum oil, chemical, ship, vessel, and papermaking.
- – L120 actuators can be attached directly to multi-turn-type valves (such as gate valves, glove valves, through gates, and hydraulic gates).
- – They can be attached to part-turn-type valves (such as butterfly valves, plug valves, and dampers) in combination with an actuator for part turn-type valves.
- – Die-cast aluminum is used for small-sized standard housings, and cast iron is used for large-sized standard housings.
- – The housing with standard specifications is the outdoor type (IP55), but we can also offer water-resistant and explosion-proof types to meet the needs of customers.
- – The O-ring with a large wire diameter maintains high air-tightness over a long period of time.
Highly-durable gear train
- – The worm gears and worms are made of aluminum bronze and chrome molybdenum steel, respectively. They enable the drive sleeve to have a long life of over 100,000 rotations.
- – Optimum materials are used for the respective gears according to the loads, and extreme pressure grease is filled in the sealed gear case.
High-performance torque switch
- – It has high-capacity silver contacts with long life.
- – The operating point can be set within the entire torque range in both the opening and closing directions.
The valve is protected from overloads without fail.
High-precision geared limit switch
- – All units are equipped with a four-position geared limit switch with a rated voltage of 600 V as standard.
- – Four rotors have four contacts, respectively, to detect the four valve positions.
- – The operating point can be set at any position within the entire stroke.
- – The switch rotor is operated by the closed metallic intermittent gear lubricated with grease without fail. The preset position does not shift.
High-safety electric/manual mode switching operation
- – All models are equipped with the declutch lever as standard. Switching the lever to manual mode position enables manual operation.
- – When the motor rotates, the lever restores automatically, the electric operation mode is turned on, and the hand wheel does not rotate.
Equipped with the earth terminal/space heater as standard
- – All models are equipped with the earth terminal for responding to highly humid and wet environments, as well as a space heater for stabilizing operation in low-temperature environments as standard. They can be used in a wide variety of fields.
Enhanced control functions
- – Integral control, consisting of various control devices, is applicable to the control station (control panel) and computerized control.
- – It enables development into a centralized system that networks multiple actuators.
|Mechanism and specifications||Allowable torque N・m||140||270||540||1100||2500||5700||11000||27000|
|Allowable thrust kN||44||88||130||200||330||620||1100||2200|
|Maximum system diameter mm||Screw connection
|Output shaft rotation frequency min-1||60Hz||12-192||12-192||12-192||12-192||12
|Reduction rate of manual type||Standard||1:1||1:1||1:1||※※※||40:1
|Attachable actuator||BA(Allowable thrust: 26 – 1,200 kN, for multi-turn-type valve)
HB(Allowable torque: 0.83 – 200 kN·m, for part-turn-type valve)
H(Allowable torque: 390 – 1,100 kN·m, for part-turn-type valve)
|Electric and control specifications||Motor||Power supply||AC 200V/400V/50Hz、200V/440V/60Hz(Compatible to 600 V AC and lower)|
|Insulation class||Class F|
|Rated time||15 minutes|
|Protection type||Protection structure||IP55,67、NEMA,I,Ⅱ,Ⅳ,Ⅵ|
|Explosion-proof||JIS Exdll BT4
FM Class 1 Group B,C,D Division 1,2
FM Class 2 Group E,F,G Division 1,2
CSA Class 1 Group B Division 2
CSA Class 1 Group C,D Division 1,2
CSA Class 2 Group E,G Division 1,2
Cenelec Group 2a,2b T4（BS 5501 PART 5 ）
*Represents the screw connection with a thrust base.
**Represents the key connection and the value in parenthesis is the maximum keyway dimension.
***Same as the reduction ratio of the unit.
The L120-85 and higher models are manufactured by Flowserve Corporation in the United States.