The hand operated type HB unit is a worm gear drive which may be used for any valve or device requiring a 90° movement. The HB worm gear actuator is especially designed for operation of butterfly, plug and ball valves.
- – This actuator is used as the manual operator attached with a handwheel as shown on the front cover. It also can be remotely controlled combined with motorized or pneumatic valve actuator. HB unit is furnished with spur gear attachments to reduce manual operating force and bevel gear attachments for the 90-degree change of input shaft direction.
- – The worm is of alloy steel and the worm gear is of high tensile strength bronze; therefore the HB unit is very compact and strong. Fluttering of valve has been minimized because of the least backlash of the high precision gear.
- – In combining the HB unit with valve, the double sleeve is adopted; its relation with the key position of valve shaft can be taken freely.
- – All of HB actuators have an ±5° adjustable at both travel end and durable mechanical stop screw feature.
- – It has 11 unit sizes classified by output torque.
|Unit Size||Maximum Output Torque
|Unit Gear Ratio||Efficiency||Maximum Stem Diameter (mm)|
|Within 10,000 cycles||Within 1,000 cycles|
One cycle : Open – Close – Open
If manual spurgear attachment (MSG-4) is fitted up HB-3, the maximum output torque of HB-3 must be less than 7,600 N•m.
Right hand worm is our standard.
The unit with MSG which is larger than HP-4, even though under the condition of 1,000 operating cycles, the torque capacity of the unit is of the value in the “within 10,000 cycles”.